Le maelstrom
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Venez nous rejoindre sur le groupe Fb, Drakerys : La communauté du Maelstrom
et/ou vous inscrire sur la carte des joueurs
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Dunk Low
Voir le deal
64.99 €

PhDashing
PhDashing
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu5I3pLybTssZD8FHJcboVA

Rule clarifications (and missing mission cards) Empty Rule clarifications (and missing mission cards)

Ven 17 Mar - 0:29
Hello Everyone,

I'm glad to finally have a chance to enjoy Drakerys Smile  Now that I'm actually playing the game and working through the mechanics, I have a few questions.

It's important for me to get some clarification here, as I hope to make a battle report video to help new players learn the game!

1. In the Epic Fight and Messenger missions, the Common missions have players secretly choosing heroes, but the Solo versions do not mention this. So, are the Solo hero choices secret or not?
  2. Leaders can theoretically be killed before the rest of the warriors in his unit (keeping cohesion takes priority over keeping the leader alive, priority 1 vs 2 on page 20 of the rule book). If this happens, can the owner reassign a new leader to any warrior they wish?
  3. After winning a fight, you get a Reformation (free move to maximize Contact). However, if you and the opponent tie for determining the winner of a fight, you both are considered winners (page 38). If that's the case, who gets to Reform first?
  4. Can I get a Critical Success off of a Critical Success? For example, I roll one die and get a 10, then roll my extra die which is a 10 again, then get 10 again, and then finally 9. So from one die I can get 10, 10, 10, and 9?
  5. Determining the winner of a fight: You get +1 if "The Unit has less Stress Markers than every Enemy Unit it is Engaged with." Is this comparison between individual enemy units, or their sum? For instance, if I have 2 Stress, and am engaged with 3 enemy units with 1 stress each, am I comparing 2 vs 1, 2 vs 1, 2 vs 1, (so don't get the +1) or 2 vs 3 (I do get the +1)?
  6. The Quick Shot skill: "The Shootings made by the Unit cost 1 TS less (with a minimum of 1)." Since the Shooting Action always costs 1 TS anyway, doesn't this make Quick Shot useless? Or is the skill really saying that it applies over all actions after an activation? For instance, if a unit makes 2 Shootings during an activation, instead of costing 2 TS it will only cost 1 TS?
  7. Are the bonuses in Elemental Power cumulative? For instance, if a warrior is within 10 cm of both a Fire Vortex and a Maelstrom, will it get +2 Power?
  8. Is Dreadful cumulative? I.e. if you are engaged with 2 Dreadful units, do you get Willpower -2?
  9. To Summon, "The player selects a Magical Source (Vortex or Maelstrom) within 20 cm of the Awakened." The skill Source of [X][Y] states that "The Leader of the Unit is condered as a Vortex..." So that means I can summon an elemental from an elemental, right? Wink
  10. For the end of the game, no tie-breakers are mentioned, so I assume if the same number of victory points are scored by both players it is simply a draw?
  11. Where is the "Intimidation" skill described? Dragons have it.
  12. Have descriptions been written yet for the following Mission cards? The Hunt (came with dragon), Magic Springs (came with elemental heralds), The Ultimate Spring (came with elemental heralds).
Amthémius
Amthémius
Admin
https://le-maelstrom.forumactif.org

Rule clarifications (and missing mission cards) Empty Re: Rule clarifications (and missing mission cards)

Sam 18 Mar - 17:31
Sorry for my english !

1 - For solo mission, you normally choose your hero and that of the enemy.
2 - Yes
3 - Roll a dice.
4 - Yes, you can.
5 - I don't know
6 - Quick shot is interesting for unity with stress markers.
7 - I think it's either a vortex or a maelstrom, not both.
8 - Yes, it's cumulative.
9 - You can not, only vortex and maelstron. "The Leader of the Unit is condered as a Vortex..." only for cast a spell.
10- Simply a draw.
11 & 12 - Will arrive on the site of drakerys.
PhDashing
PhDashing

Rule clarifications (and missing mission cards) Empty Re: Rule clarifications (and missing mission cards)

Sam 18 Mar - 22:05
Amthémius a écrit:Sorry for my english !

1 - For solo mission, you normally choose your hero and that of the enemy.
2 - Yes
3 - Roll a dice.
4 - Yes, you can.
5 - I don't know
6 - Quick shot is interesting for unity with stress markers.
7 - I think it's either a vortex or a maelstrom, not both.
8 - Yes, it's cumulative.
9 - You can not, only vortex and maelstron. "The Leader of the Unit is condered as a Vortex..." only for cast a spell.
10- Simply a draw.
11 & 12 - Will arrive on the site of drakerys.

Excellent! Thank you for answering all these questions, I appreciate it.

1 - So when you say "normally" is the Solo mission choice secret or not?
3 - Interesting! I don't remember reading that.
6 - Aha, that's clever, I didn't think about that.
9 - But the (English) rules don't say the Vortex is for spellcasting only, just that they are considered a Vortex Wink I actually agree with you, and think that summoning an elemental from an elemental is silly, but it's always good to be explicit about such things. I hope Don't Panic Games is taking notes for the next rulebook version, to ensure clarity for their players.

Does anyone know the answer to 5? This is pretty common situation too
Amthémius
Amthémius
Admin
https://le-maelstrom.forumactif.org

Sam 18 Mar - 23:09
1 - So when you say "normally" is the Solo mission choice secret or not?
Not.

3 - Interesting! I don't remember reading that.
This is my solution ^^.

9 - But the (English) rules don't say the Vortex is for spellcasting only,
In french too but Pierre Joanne (Game designer) clarified this point.

Does anyone know the answer to 5? This is pretty common situation too
By deduction, I would say "comparison between individual enemy units", because the headcount of the Unit say "than the total headcount of all the Enemy Units it is Engaged with: +1"
PhDashing
PhDashing

Dim 19 Mar - 0:11
That sounds reasonable to me Amthémius, I'll play that way until proven otherwise Smile
Jugger
Jugger

Dim 19 Mar - 18:11
PhDashing a écrit:Hello Everyone,

Hello ;-)
I think I can help you to answer your question!

1/In the Epic Fight and Messenger missions, the Common missions have players secretly choosing heroes, but the Solo versions do not mention this. So, are the Solo hero choices secret or not?
No, with the Solo the choices are not secret as it is indicated.

2/Leaders can theoretically be killed before the rest of the warriors in his unit (keeping cohesion takes priority over keeping the leader alive, priority 1 vs 2 on page 20 of the rule book). If this happens, can the owner reassign a new leader to any warrior they wish?
Yes you reassign a new leader of your choice. But I think it will happen very very rarely!

3/After winning a fight, you get a Reformation (free move to maximize Contact). However, if you and the opponent tie for determining the winner of a fight, you both are considered winners (page 38). If that's the case, who gets to Reform first?
It is indicated page 25 (in the french version) in the paragraph Active player : The active player choose the order to resolve gaming effect that have to be resolve at the same time.

4/Can I get a Critical Success off of a Critical Success? For example, I roll one die and get a 10, then roll my extra die which is a 10 again, then get 10 again, and then finally 9. So from one die I can get 10, 10, 10, and 9?
Yes it is possible.

5/Determining the winner of a fight: You get +1 if "The Unit has less Stress Markers than every Enemy Unit it is Engaged with." Is this comparison between individual enemy units, or their sum? For instance, if I have 2 Stress, and am engaged with 3 enemy units with 1 stress each, am I comparing 2 vs 1, 2 vs 1, 2 vs 1, (so don't get the +1) or 2 vs 3 (I do get the +1)?
2 vs 3. You compare with the sum.

6/The Quick Shot skill: "The Shootings made by the Unit cost 1 TS less (with a minimum of 1)." Since the Shooting Action always costs 1 TS anyway, doesn't this make Quick Shot useless? Or is the skill really saying that it applies over all actions after an activation? For instance, if a unit makes 2 Shootings during an activation, instead of costing 2 TS it will only cost 1 TS?
The Quick Shot is not useless if you have stress token ;-)

7/Are the bonuses in Elemental Power cumulative? For instance, if a warrior is within 10 cm of both a Fire Vortex and a Maelstrom, will it get +2 Power?
No the bonuses are not cumulative.

8/Is Dreadful cumulative? I.e. if you are engaged with 2 Dreadful units, do you get Willpower -2?
Yes it is cumulative.

9/To Summon, "The player selects a Magical Source (Vortex or Maelstrom) within 20 cm of the Awakened." The skill Source of [X][Y] states that "The Leader of the Unit is condered as a Vortex..." So that means I can summon an elemental from an elemental, right? Wink
No it is not possible. It is an oversight...

10/For the end of the game, no tie-breakers are mentioned, so I assume if the same number of victory points are scored by both players it is simply a draw?
Yes.

11/Where is the "Intimidation" skill described? Dragons have it.
Intimidation does not exist. Replace it by Dreadful (I think it is a mistake of translation)...

12/Have descriptions been written yet for the following Mission cards? The Hunt (came with dragon), Magic Springs (came with elemental heralds), The Ultimate Spring (came with elemental heralds).
Yes they will be on download soon on the official website.

Thank you for all your question!
Corto
Corto

Dim 19 Mar - 18:18
Jugger a écrit:

5/Determining the winner of a fight: You get +1 if "The Unit has less Stress Markers than every Enemy Unit it is Engaged with." Is this comparison between individual enemy units, or their sum? For instance, if I have 2 Stress, and am engaged with 3 enemy units with 1 stress each, am I comparing 2 vs 1, 2 vs 1, 2 vs 1, (so don't get the +1) or 2 vs 3 (I do get the +1)?

Where do you see that? I find it illogical, and the rules say 'every unit' not 'all units' which would imply comparing to each and every one of them instead of the sum of all of them
PhDashing
PhDashing

Dim 19 Mar - 21:45
Jugger a écrit:

3/After winning a fight, you get a Reformation (free move to maximize Contact). However, if you and the opponent tie for determining the winner of a fight, you both are considered winners (page 38). If that's the case, who gets to Reform first?
It is indicated page 25 (in the french version) in the paragraph Active player : The active player choose the order to resolve gaming effect that have to be resolve at the same time.
Aha! I forgot about that ruling, clever.

Jugger a écrit:

Interesting, I seem to be getting some conflicting opinions on this rule.

Jugger a écrit:
Thank you for all your question!
Thank YOU for the very detailed response. cyclops
Corto
Corto

Dim 19 Mar - 21:56
Unfortunately the rulebook is not the clearest, particularly in English
Contenu sponsorisé